Saturday, May 7, 2011

Focus


Everyday, we tend to focus on many things surrounding us. Some matters while some are mere interruptions.
I've just talked to a friend lately while he was having some difficulties in his job. At that moment, the more he shared with me, the more negative he became. Because he was focusing in the bad stuff while sharing with me. The very first person that listens to it is himself! Again & again & again....

Repetitions will anchor the programming in our mind, either positive or negative, truths or lies, it will stick!

So how do we control or maintain our focus so as to keep the main thing, the main thing?
There are 3 factors;
  1. The words that we speak.
  2. The way that we speak.
  3. The types of questions that we ask.
The words that we chose to communicate will affect how we see or perceive a situation. Words can lead our thoughts. Not the other way round.
I do succumb to negativity at times. But the moment I realized it, I switched station! From NM (Negative Modulation) to PM (Positive Modulation). The faster it is, the better its going to be. Perhaps practising it down to seconds or microseconds!

The way we speak will emotionalise it. And emotions can create a drive forward or a pull backward. Try saying the same sentence with different emotions, you'll get it.

How do we ask questions to ourself will determind our direction of focus. Ever heard someone says,
"Why is this happening to me?"
"Do I look like a loser?"
...instead of...
"How can I do better?"
"How can I win?"
"What can I do to move forward?"

Feel the difference?

Ok, let's practise to control our Focus and use it for the betterment of life.

By the way, I'm down with flu & a bit of soar throat while writing this. But I choose to focus on what I can do and what I want to do instead of dwelling in the sickness zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment